In process of luminaire selection, users can clearly notice that luminaire is divided into two main categories: Outdoor and Indoor application. Then they can see the wattage, lumen and color temperature.
What we must consider when specify the luminaire?
In the past, the luminaire was not as diverse as it is today and divided into two main categories by IP rating (Ingress Protection Rating).
In case using in 100% indoor and there is no chance of water and humidity exposure so IP20 can be used as there is still a chance of dust exposure.
In case using in semi-outdoor areas such as porches, eaves, bathrooms, corridors, should use a luminaire over IP44
In case using in garden or outdoor area, you should use a luminaire over IP54
In case using underwater, luminaire should be over IP68 to protect both water and dust that will go through inside luminaire then damage.
Type of luminaire and application
- Bollard: Garden decoration and walkway illumination.
- Underwater: Area decoration and safe for users during night time.
- Ceiling Luminaire: Main lighting for building hall or room.
- Wall Recessed Luminaire: Guide light. Mostly install at wall, pathway and stair.
- Surface Mounted Luminaire: Be used as per building and wall style. Surrounding light and area decorative.
- In-Ground Luminaire: Highlight any vertical object e.g. flag pole, signage on floor or building wall.
- Pendant Luminaire: Be used as per room style for decorative and main lighting..
- Low/High Bay: Main area lighting. Suitable for factory, warehouse and showroom.
- Floodlight: Various size. Highlight object or building to be outstanding in the night time. It can be installed on high pole to get more efficiency lighting.
- Post Top: Be used as per landscape design. Surrounding light and area decorative.
- Street Light: High efficiency, uniform lighting for road and area surrounding.
- Surface Wall Luminaire: Be used as per building, wall style and interior design.
- Surface Ceiling Luminaire: Main interior lighting and area decorative.
- Recessed Ceiling Luminaire: Main interior lighting and specify by follows the ceiling design.
- Pendant Luminaire: Be used as per room style for decorative, main and area lighting e.g. working desk, dining table, etc.
- Recessed Downlight: Main interior lighting and specify by follows the ceiling design.
- Track Light: It can be adjustable to focus on any object which needs to be more shine e.g. Image, Art piece or statue.
- Decorative Luminaire: Area decorative and follows with interior design and ambient.
For more information, or with a project enquiry, please contact your local LIGMAN sales representative. You can find out more about LIGMAN luminaire: https://www.ligman.com/th/catalogues/
LIGMAN Lighting Co.,Ltd. (Lighting Experience Center)
The LANTERN Building, 2300 Rama 9 Rd, Suan Luang, Suan Luang, 10250 Bangkok, Thailand
Tel: +66 2 321 8211